Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

Getting the Numbers up

Go down 
+2
reedyandreedy
Steve Crossland
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland

Getting the Numbers up Empty
PostSubject: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:11 pm

OK Guys,

After our talk this morning I thought I'd post my thoughts for the Twisted Racing League.

I went online later the same day and joined the "CG CYA" GT Sport Server at Imola. I was there for no longer than 2 minutes before the next person joined. Within 5 minutes we had 6 people racing, all at a time where there is normally not many racers online. It isn't hard to populate a server, you only need to be patient.
Also, it highlighted to me that the WTCC, although by far the most used, is not the only car that people are wanting to drive.

People will join a server if someone is already in it, provided they have the content (Car/Track). I know I certainly look for servers that are populated, rather than looking for something I'd like to drive, because it just isn't fun to be alone.

So, guys, you are all ambassadors for Twisted Racing and we have these fantastic servers hosted selflessly by Eric _oo_ at absolutely no cost to any of us. Lets make an effort to be in these servers as much as possible and try to get some great new drivers to join up for the league.

I normally find there are many who want to race in organized events but don't know where or how to do it.
I'm sure if we all promote Twisted Racing and spread the word then before long there will be a waiting list to join.

Only thing to remember is to not invite the undesirables... We want clean drivers, not necessarily the fastest drivers.

Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Steve Crossland wrote:
OK Guys,

So, guys, you are all ambassadors for Twisted Racing and we have these fantastic servers hosted selflessly by Eric _oo_ at absolutely no cost to any of us. Lets make an effort to be in these servers as much as possible and try to get some great new drivers to join up for the league.

I normally find there are many who want to race in organized events but don't know where or how to do it.
I'm sure if we all promote Twisted Racing and spread the word then before long there will be a waiting list to join.

Only thing to remember is to not invite the undesirables... We want clean drivers, not necessarily the fastest drivers.

The only problem is the fact that the CYA servers are only up from Fiday to either Monday or Tuesday.
So thta is the only time that it is possible to jump on the servers.
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptyTue May 22, 2012 3:33 am

I agree Steve, its easy to fill a public server.

We do have servers for free but there is no connection to twisted racing and our forum. I think that disconnection doesnt help us get the numbers at all.

Due to all the fecking round with the cloud servers Ive also noticed that 00's connection may not be enough for 25 people.

Thats all the negatives done with now for some positives.

We also turned our league server into public last night and ended up filling the server and having a really good race. There are many people who enjoy driving other cars than just touring cars. If we could just target those people.

I know a few people are racing in other leagues now which is great. Me and Andy are racing in C-Online and I know Steve and Eric are driving in league more suitable to their time zone. We could find some good racers there.

I love racing with you guys but last night was heart breaking and it kinda hit it home. We need to work on the community if we wanna keep our internal leagues running.
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:30 pm

I did some advertising on my FB page, and this is the response I got from Guybo:
Twisted was doomed to failure from day 1. RS Champs is going to try and hold events again with Race 07 and rFactor 2. Endurance racing and maybe something else, but not every week. I know how to run a 24/7 server and how to run a group- no one at Twisted can do either. If you want to race again, tell the old crew and log back into the old RSC forum.

Lets show him, and perhaps I think we should create a facebook page and perhaps use other social media.

If we can determine the peak activity when people login to race, perhaps we should turn on the cloud server for that period, I'm willing to help cover the extra costs involved in doing this

I must take my hat off to OO for hosting the servers and also like to give a big thank you! Although oo does have problems lately, lets hold thumbs that he can get his issues sorted, he does not deserve these troubles. oo does a lot for the gaming community as a whole, and not just for us, but for all the others that use his servers and facilities, there are 2 main servers I like to go on lately, 1 being the CG CYA servers, and the other being the oldmanracing, I'd like to suggest that we go onto the oldmanracing server as a team and see if we can coax the oldmen to have team vs team races.

I also have a problem at home, my partner has told me that I game too much, and that I'm not spending much time with her, so we've made a compromise. So sorry guys, I won't be on as often as I'd like. Sundays and Mondays I'll definitely be around, but the rest of the week is looking sketchy, and with my tennis not keeping me as fit, I'll likely be doing more for my fitness too.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Email from Guybo. Looks like hes gloating,

I see you guys have full grids, great servers and awesome racing! Congrats, this is so much better than RSC was. Looks like you've done a fantastic job putting together a real pro site and racing series. Being a cunt has really worked for you and the core of guys I found, brought together and created something with. Too bad you couldn't. Have fun racing alone.

And Im quite sure our new registered user is guybo too "somecunt".

So let the games begin, I invited him back because i thought it was the right thing to do. Hes quite the angry/jealous type.

The whole reason everybody left because he was the cunt lol.
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptyWed May 23, 2012 6:05 pm

prod wrote:
Email from Guybo. Looks like hes gloating,

I see you guys have full grids, great servers and awesome racing! Congrats, this is so much better than RSC was. Looks like you've done a fantastic job putting together a real pro site and racing series. Being a cunt has really worked for you and the core of guys I found, brought together and created something with. Too bad you couldn't. Have fun racing alone.

And Im quite sure our new registered user is guybo too "somecunt".

So let the games begin, I invited him back because i thought it was the right thing to do. Hes quite the angry/jealous type.

The whole reason everybody left because he was the cunt lol.

I also suspected it was him, I banned him for 30 days due to the offensive name, but feel free to ban this user permanently.
Trust me on this, I for a few days in a row, I watched the RSC server on rFactor 2, and there was no-one there. Let him gloat, we offered him to join us, he refused, yes he has great organisation skills etc and great contacts, but he really does not have to try demotivate TR. This actually motivates me (and the rest of us) to promote TR even more. So what if we couldn't get the minimum amount of people into one race, it happens, remember how many weeks/months rsc battled to even get 5 people on to a race event. And to say I was actually keen to join Guy in the rf2 league, but after this I'm not so sure. Guy may have brought us together, but I feel it would have been inevitable anyway, when I joined RSC, I was looking for something like that, and although RSC is gone, TR has more than catered for my needs. So a big thank you to everyone here at TR for being such great people and sportsmen.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:31 pm

i recieved this announcement from RSC

It's been a long time... With the collapse of Twisted Racing- which had no plan, no servers and no chance of success, I'm gauging interest once again if anyone is interested in racing again. You need energy, know-how and resources. If anyone still wants to race, instead of watching a moron flounder- post in the forums and let us know.

We are moving on to rFactor 2 and we still will race Race 07 as well.

The main prob with Guybo is the fact that he is a 2 faced ******** ******** ******* ********,

if he wants to THINK that we r struggling then let him think that, We at Twisted Racing is doing well,

The only problem is last week was a bad turn up.. But other than that we have had 10+ grid nealry every week since the start of TR..

So in my opinion we are doing better than we thought, We are on League 2, members joinin, and they will carry on to join as long as we have the races that TR is good at, clean close racing...

So let ppl think that TR is collapsing as it was put.
THIS IS NOT THE CASE AND WILL NOT HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE EITHER...
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:36 am

Nice one Andy, I couldn't find the like button, but liked what you said.
Lets drop this guy thing and look forward, we haven't even been around for a year and we've already had a successful season and have gained some awesome members in our tightly knit little community. Things can only get better from here, so lets be ourselves and continue what we're doing and look forward to the next league race.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:25 pm

this has to be the best line i have seen for a while, hope you all have a laugh as i did,

this was posted around 7hrs ago on the RSC site

Look at the date. That was with the infield, but I haven't had a server up in a while. This place has been a ghost town and now I'm trying to get something going again.

Talk about calling the kettle black,, LMFAROTFF

Just been on my FB account and i cant believe that he has turned round and said this

I take offense to the 2-faced comment. I was never 2-faced in any of my dealings. Maybe that was the problem? I was straight forward and told everyone exactly the way things stood. I've read up on your forums and I know how it's gone- your turn out sucks and the cunt has all but abandoned your group. I never did- and that's the difference why RSC was growing until you abandoned it and TR was stillborn. RSC will hold evens again, so if you want to race let me know, we are going to get together on a 2-4 week basis once I get the people together again. I did it once, I can do it again. The cunt can't do it even one time and THAT'S the problem.

I am sorry but i am going to reply to this on my FB, i dont care if he spits his dummie
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:30 pm

I wrote this on my FB PM to Guy, sorry and hope i have not done anything out of order, anyways have a good read

Just out of curiosity which cunt are you refering to..As i am sorry but i have no idea what you have been reading on the TR site, but i can tell you this GUY TR is stronger than RSC ever was and we have had 10+ grids from the start. TR has 1 race that has a low grid and then you go and diss TR, Well how about looking at RSC before you even think about dissing another community.. Whats happened to the races you have/had. OH! sorry you don't even have servers up...This place has been a ghost town and now I'm trying to get something going again.
Don't bother slagging off another community site if you can't even get your own off the ground. You call TR 2 faced, well you need to look in the mirror.
OH! and by the way learn to spell too
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi All

In order to get our numbers up, we have also turned to Social networking.
Please join our group:
Twisted Racing Facebook Group
And like our page:
Twisted Racing Facebook Page

Please feel free to make suggestions, schedule events, post on the wall, add pics and videos. These pages belongs to us all.
Going forward the page and group will be used for different things, but for now lets populate the page and group and let people gain interest.
Back to top Go down
soundsgreat6

soundsgreat6

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptySat May 26, 2012 3:09 am

Very Happy great post munch mate
Back to top Go down
_oo_

_oo_

PostSubject: Getting what up Oh the number lol lol lol   Getting the Numbers up EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:34 am

Ok all .

I think I now have a modem that lets me stay on line and lets me use port forwarding.
Don't have to use DMZ.

So now we can use up to 8 server with 25 on each server, but I have them sat at 20 so we give it that little cushion
for now.
If I need to I can try off server's to meet your race day number's.

As I've said in Community Games C Ya group page this is all for free. I enjoy doing this for everone in the Community Games C Ya group.
I have 3 Pc's and 1 Lap Top that I have or I'm working on to make into server for everone gaming pleasure.
But as a one men army it's slow going for me to do all this.
As each step some time takes 2 steps back to get to the next step.

Also let me know what cars and tracks you'd like to see on server.
Wright now I have your race week up with one passworded and one with out.
With 4 more server with cars and tracks that have been getting 1500 to 1800 driver's on them in the 5 days that I have server's up for.
With 2 more server that are up with cars and tracks that aren't getting the trun out needed to keep them up and running so I change them weekly.

I don't run server's 24/7 because Tuesday and Wenesday gives me time to run updates and to get new car and tracks up loaded to the server's and on to my simbin .

I have 4 PC's 2 Lap Top's and 1 notebook to keep up with. Also I work at lest 40 hour's a week ,,,,,,, and try to get at lest 6 hour's of sleep a day. Lol Lol...................

But all I ask is that you get with me on T3 on the cars and tracks you'd like to see up on server and as soon as I can get up loaded as needed I will put them up. As it is had for me to go to everones forum to see what is going on in each group.

Community Gamers C Ya is here to help all in there gaming needs. We have 68 group's that are part of the community and it hard for me to keep up with all the groups needs and wants so bear with me . We also have Team Speak 3 for all to use for free .
As a group that has only been around for 1 year Community Gamers C Ya isn't doing to bad..................

_oo_

P.S.

Yes I'm sorry for the 2 or 3 week of not being able to keep servers on line but it was out of my control as it was the modem 's that my IP gave me, and now I have one that has been on line for 7 days and haven't had no complaintes about.

Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/C__YA
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Thank you oo for everything you do for the community.

May I ask that you put a DTM 2010 server up. I have the mod, if you don't, we'll have to find a way to get it to you or find the link for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting the Numbers up   Getting the Numbers up Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting the Numbers up
Page 1 of 1