Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

Face track for Race07

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric James
Admin
Eric James

Face track for Race07 Empty
PostSubject: Face track for Race07   Face track for Race07 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:03 am

Hi guys,
I have been playing with face tracking for race07.
I first started by buying a brand new PS3 cam on our ebay for NZ$50.
Download and install the PS3 Eyecam software from:
http://codelaboratories.com/get/cl-eye-driver/

Insure that the driver is working with the PS3 Eyecam

2)Install and run the FaceApi software from sourceforge: (Note the PS3 cam was plugged in during the next steps:)

http://www.seeingmachines.com/product/f ... downloads/

For me this proved to be a bit tricky as when I ran the install - setup_FaceTrackingAPI_NC-V3.2.6.exe - nothing appeared to happen except the unzipping of the files from faceapi - I got no icon or anything. Went into the SeeingMachines folder on my C drive where all this was installed - opened FaceTracking API folder, then opened the tools folder and then the CamCal folder and ran the CamCal installer from the zip file. I ran the CamCal exe and got a momentary control-type window and nothing else. Had no idea if anything had happened or not. However I took a chance and went on to Reinstall FTNoir 106.

Ran it, adjusted the setting to FakeTrack IR, and ROF profile - hit start and bingo my visage with the lovely yellow tracking lines was visible in FTNoir.

Minimized FTNoir and ran Race07 and suddenly had facetracking operational.

Anyway - thats my story and I'm sticking to it. The only reason I got it working was because of the kind and patient help from the folks here. Hopefully this will help someone else should they encounter similar problems.

Thanks again everyone,
Back to top Go down
Eric James
Admin
Eric James

PostSubject: Re: Face track for Race07   Face track for Race07 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:06 am

setting up was trial and error and now i have to learn how to drive while looking out of the inside of the car.
All is good.
Cheers,
Eric.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: Face track for Race07   Face track for Race07 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:23 am

Cant wait to give this a shot! Headtracking for £15 Amazon.co.uk You just cant beat that. TrackIR costs almost £150........

Ontop of that, a multi monitor setup can cost anythin over £1000, so how much of a saving is that?1?!?!?

I bet this feels soo immersive,especially infront of your 32"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Face track for Race07   Face track for Race07 Empty

Back to top Go down

Face track for Race07
Page 1 of 1