Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

Uploading and Downloading Setups Broken.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
prod
Admin
prod

Uploading and Downloading Setups Broken. Empty
PostSubject: Uploading and Downloading Setups Broken.   Uploading and Downloading Setups Broken. EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:42 am

Ok, this is a big problem that a few of us are having now with Race07.

I would like everyone who has this problem to please report here. This may not affect the player that much and you think that this doesnt need to be fixed as it doesnt hinder you personally.

The problem with this bug is that we as a community are unable to help out our newer/less experienced members and overall this is bad for the community. Don't forget that without a close grid the races will just be boring.

I am one of the affected, does anyone have any experience with this bug and how to fix it? Has anyone ever fixed this bug and lost all their personal data (setups/profile)?

Lets get this issue resolved asap please.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: Uploading and Downloading Setups Broken.   Uploading and Downloading Setups Broken. EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:01 am

After the latest race 07 update this was a huge problem for me and others from what i had read in other forums/websites..

The only way that can fix this issue for uploading and downloading SETUPS is as follows:

Uninstall all the games and steam, do a registery clean. BUT PLEASE DO NOT DELETE SIMBIN FOLDER FROM MY DOCUMENTS.(if needed, do a copy of this folder and paste to desktop for keepsafe, You can always do a copy and paste back into my documents if need be)

Restart your pc

Reinstall steam

Reinstall games

after this is done then you should beable to reupload and download setups..

I had this issue and was solved after doing the above. In that order
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
brendon

brendon

PostSubject: Re: Uploading and Downloading Setups Broken.   Uploading and Downloading Setups Broken. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:52 am

I would not choose to uninstall a game via Steam - unless you want to re-download GBs of data.

Steam files are packed into Valve's gcf format.
You can see these in your Steam\steamapps folder - generally quite chunky.

All you need to do is manually delete the games you want found in either Steam\steamapps\common or Steam\steamapps\yourusername.
These files are generally a lot smaller, and removing them is as good as Steam thinking the game is uninstalled.

Race07/Evo specific, don't forget about your mods in GameData - but you knew that already.

Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: Uploading and Downloading Setups Broken.   Uploading and Downloading Setups Broken. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:38 am

Ok so i spent the day looking into the problem and turns out its actually a problem with my profile.

I backed up everything is ~/My Documents/Simbin/ (this is where all your profiles/setups/controller settings are stored) and deleted the old Simbin folder.

Out of curiosity i fired up the game (starts as if its the first time launched). Turns out after setting up my new profile I could now down/upload again!

So this led me to believe that the problem is actually in the profile itself. Not good news!

So one by one i dug out all my setups out of my backed-up simbin folder and placed them in the new directory. After this everythin was still working fine.

At this point I was happy, save me breaking it again i did not transfer any more files from my backup and just fired up the game and reset all my controls and preferences.

Now Im happy to say that everything is working flawlessly.

I only advise this to method to confident computer users. Can get quite confusing.
Back to top Go down

Uploading and Downloading Setups Broken.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twisted Racing :: Hardware, Software and Peripherals :: Help!-
Jump to: