Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

Hi from Steve

Go down 
+2
reedyandreedy
Steve Crossland
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland

Hi from Steve Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Steve   Hi from Steve EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:57 am

Hello, thanks for letting me into your nice, tight, friendly little community.
Just a little background perhaps...

Now 39 Years Old, living in New Zealand (Aussie Nationality, married a Kiwi Bird, not a sheep as many may have been led to believe). I have no sense of humour whatsoever but I am installing the upgrade as I type this so I should have one soon.

Was invited a little while ago by -oo- but never really kept an eye on what was going on, perhaps too busy with other leagues (PrestoGP F300 & F1, Simjunkies.org and also Redlinsimracers.net) all of which run at a different time slot to this one which is perfect for me. Then it was Eric James, who I've known for a while & met a couple of years back in his home town of Rotorua, who finally got me into it with you people. Glad he did, great driving & adult behaviour both on & off track. Thanks Mate!!

I'm a Professional Musician in real life, since the Yamaha Motorcycle dealership I was working in closed down before Xmas, but I'm actually working less & making more now so I thank them for their bad luck LOL.

I race Superkarts in the real world also and have only recently made my return to them after a 10 year break...
Unfortunately Marriage & Kids just kills your racing budget. I have some vids & images I can share at a later date.

Past Superkart results...
2001 Victorian State 125cc Superkart Champion (Broke & still hold lap record at Phillip Island GP Circuit, Melbourne)
2001 Runner up Australian National 250cc Int. Champs
2001 5th place, race 1 Laguna Seca, Inaugural World Superkart Challenge. Engine seized while running 3rd in Main.

Bought another Superkart last year & won my first race back in the seat down at Taupo A1GP circuit so was well happy with that.

Sim Racing:
Race07 is my first real 'serious' sim game (After Grand Prix, GP2 & GP3) and I've had it since it's beta release. I also race rFactor (Hate it though) and GTR2 from time to time. I was Sole Admin for the Presto Pacific Division for 4 seasons where we ran F3000 and also F1 cars, following the F1 season as closely as possible.

I race using a MOMO simply because I can't justify the expense to my wife to buy a G27

Anyway that's enough for a intro... See y'all on track.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

Hi from Steve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Steve   Hi from Steve EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:13 am

Welcome to Twisted Racing Steve, and we all hope that you enjoy your racing with us,

Can i ask do you like GTR2, as when GTR3 comes out we will be doing races with that platform. so we will be doing some races with GTR2 soon?
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland

Hi from Steve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Steve   Hi from Steve EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:59 am

Yeah mate, Love GTR2 - Have it installed too.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

Hi from Steve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Steve   Hi from Steve EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Welcome Steve, glad to have you with us.

Thought your accent was Aussie, sure as hell isnt the same as Kiwis.

Cya on Sunday Smile
Back to top Go down
arc anjil

arc anjil

Hi from Steve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Steve   Hi from Steve EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:30 am

Hi there, Steve! Welcome.

Musician, huh? What do you play? I play a Fender Strat through a Marshall MG for now. Trying to save up for a Marshall MA-50 half-stack. I'd like to have an EVH Wolfgang But, well, WAY too expensive for me. So I'm trying to build one through parts from Warmoth, a double cut-away arch-top Les Paul.

I use a MOMO Racing wheel, too. 5 years old, wobbly as all get-out, the pedal's pots stick, but it still works. I'll have to get a G27 someday, too. I wish I could afford a Fanatec Clubsport setup!!

Anyway, glad to see you here. Maybe we can get some people interested in some F1 racing. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://acmeracing.forumotion.com/
soundsgreat6

soundsgreat6

Hi from Steve Empty
PostSubject: welcome m8   Hi from Steve EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:45 am

glad you like our little group, just joined recently myself. I also raced r factor but prefer r7. have done some GTR2 also.

good to have u on board m8 Laughing
Back to top Go down
Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland

Hi from Steve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Steve   Hi from Steve EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 am

arc anjil wrote:
Hi there, Steve! Welcome.

Musician, huh? What do you play? I play a Fender Strat through a Marshall MG for now. Trying to save up for a Marshall MA-50 half-stack. I'd like to have an EVH Wolfgang But, well, WAY too expensive for me. So I'm trying to build one through parts from Warmoth, a double cut-away arch-top Les Paul.

Well over the years I started with Ibanez Jumbo fret "shred monsters" but have since changed in style as I got older & now play mainly acoustic guitar. Weapon of choice is the Australian Made "Maton EA80C" Acoustic Electric which is a made of Solid Victorian Blackwood and Maple neck. These guitars are IMO the best, bar none but that's always a matter of opinion and I've had many arguments with Martin & Taylor owners lol. I am very biased of course as these are Aussie made & I've been through the factory & had a tour through, even had dinner with the owners... benefits of working in a music store.

My Electric guitar is a little more modest, a Maton Mastersound MS520 as played by Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stoneage & many more. I'd rather have a Fender US Fat-Strat but couldn't justify it as I don't play many gigs with the electric anymore so this does the job fine. I play it through a Peavey Bandit II and use an Ibanez TubeScreamer and also a Behringer Tube Pre-amp in the effects loop. Gives a good range of tones & distortions. Basically, I like it as basic as possible. Less to setup is better for me.

I love the EVH Guitars but since they were ceased from production from Peavey they have become rare and expensive. Best alternative is to go for a top-end Musicman...
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

Hi from Steve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Steve   Hi from Steve EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:33 am

Im the black sheep when it comes to music in my family, they'r all guitarists and singers and all sorts.

My neighbours do love a bit of Daft Punk and Prodigy though, they always come knocking when I have the sound system cranked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

Hi from Steve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Steve   Hi from Steve EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Welcome Steve, pleasure to have you on board.
Back to top Go down
arc anjil

arc anjil

Hi from Steve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Steve   Hi from Steve EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:30 am

LOL! I'm the black sheep of my family, period! jocolor

By the way, how come Signatures aren't working?
Back to top Go down
http://acmeracing.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

Hi from Steve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Steve   Hi from Steve Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Steve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twisted Racing :: General Chat :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: