Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

suggestions for server

Go down 
+2
Munchk1n
soundsgreat6
6 posters
AuthorMessage
soundsgreat6

soundsgreat6

suggestions for server Empty
PostSubject: suggestions for server   suggestions for server EmptySat May 26, 2012 5:50 am

my thaughts when we have a server up:

1. during the week the server should be public.
2. we should have admin status assigned to senior members to police server
3. i have done this before with isr so i could help out with this. no problem for me most days has i'm available
4. we can also have the admin monitor drivers for membership, this way we know who is a fair and clean driver
5. new members should be ok'ed by race admin has well as club admin's

general comments: we often had more that one admin on at a time with isr, this was not a problem has we could spell each other off, isr ran 3 public servers with 6 race admins,

if the admin's want I would be willing to act has chief race admin and look after the admin's duty roster

dave Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for server   suggestions for server EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:13 am

Good idea mate, and we should take turns policing, seeing that I'm not allowed to play every day...

As far as I can remember, the 100mb servers have police car skins, and everyone who is a registered racer on 100mb can identify the police car, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
soundsgreat6

soundsgreat6

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for server   suggestions for server EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:39 am

yeah and i think andy did the skins Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for server   suggestions for server EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:14 am

soundsgreat6 wrote:
yeah and i think andy did the skins Very Happy

Yer i did, but i dont think it is a good idea to use the same skins as i done for 100mbit,

mb we can do a similar idea to them though!!!!

But i also agree it would be a good idea to have a server up that is open, and if poss with the site address as the name?

But aslong as the cars and tracks are stock then this will be no problem...
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for server   suggestions for server EmptySat May 26, 2012 7:20 am

ok i have a server up and running to test the public..

I am running the wtcc 06,07 and the 87 cars with all the 07 tracks, no practice
quali 45 mins
race 8 laps x1

server slot is 15, but might have to be changed

server name is twisted racing,

also just to add that the site address does not fit Sad
Back to top Go down
Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland

PostSubject: Wreckers in the servers - Plain vandalism or is CG CYA under attack?   suggestions for server EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:53 am

Was just in the WTCC server at Monza & lo & behold, we have a number if guys in there just to wreck & basically stuff around to stop people from racing normally.
Nikola Milic, bOBa, Hacker, Haklor.
Now these guys obviously cannot do it in the monitored servers because they are banned & booted straight away. So they come to CG CYA when no admin are present & continue their shenanigans.

This was my train of thought until recently reading one of the posts here from a past member.
It raises my suspicions of sabotage, where people deliberately try to bad name a server by wrecking at any opportunity they get.

Just a thought....
Wish there was some way of remote admin so we could help to really pump the numbers and provide some clean racing...
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for server   suggestions for server EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:23 am

Steve Crossland wrote:
Was just in the WTCC server at Monza & lo & behold, we have a number if guys in there just to wreck & basically stuff around to stop people from racing normally.
Nikola Milic, bOBa, Hacker, Haklor.
Now these guys obviously cannot do it in the monitored servers because they are banned & booted straight away. So they come to CG CYA when no admin are present & continue their shenanigans.

This was my train of thought until recently reading one of the posts here from a past member.
It raises my suspicions of sabotage, where people deliberately try to bad name a server by wrecking at any opportunity they get.

Just a thought....
Wish there was some way of remote admin so we could help to really pump the numbers and provide some clean racing...

I know this 1 is deffo a wrecker ( Haklor.) we have had dealings with this one in the past on our 40 slot server and i have seen this guy on 100mbt servers too.

the other name i am not sure of...

But their lies the problem remote admin, wouldnt be a problem if the servers was hosted on a private pc that is used for hosting the games only, but if it is a pc that is used for gaming by the host then that is a problem...

TR is looking at some servers that we can do remote admin with Smile
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Longford 1967 or Machwerk 1967   suggestions for server EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:43 am

Hi. Racedepartment are having a Retro Max Longford 1967 event on Monday 11th and are having a Retro Max hotlap challenge on Matchwerk until Sunday June 17th 2012 - 12:00 GMT.

Please could we have a server for one of these two tracks with just Race07 content. The Radicals are especially fun. If you can do this please call the server ....C YA Longford or .....C YA Machwerk so people know what track to load.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/hotlap-challenge-retro-max-machwerk-1967.51940

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/retro-max-longford-67-monday-june-11st-2012.51475/
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for server   suggestions for server EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Great idea Marlowe

Hi Prod, is it possible to monitor a CG CY server with SLS?
This would be a great way to check how SLS works.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for server   suggestions for server EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:58 pm

I can give 00 the ftp details but it will be upto him to set up the feed.

From my end its just a case of making a link in SLS.

No problems though.

Lets get it organised
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for server   suggestions for server EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Cool, we'll have to chat to oo and see if he is ok with this.
May be best to walk him through.
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for server   suggestions for server EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:44 am

Machwerk is good for trackdays with friends as opposed to races as it is long and difficult to learn. Anything under 8 mins is a very good time in WTCC. If this can be done you guys are gonna love it.

To video timing 5:55 in the video below is a complete lap of Machwerk with bits speeded up.

Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for server   suggestions for server EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:54 am

You can get 67Machwerk from my pubic skydrive here:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5887f4147a35f851#cid=5887F4147A35F851&id=5887F4147A35F851%21640

P.S. Please make a top level topic called instructions and put the video below in it. Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for server   suggestions for server EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Thanks Marlowe

After watching your video on this track made me wanna try it, nice video BTW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: suggestions for server   suggestions for server Empty

Back to top Go down

suggestions for server
Page 1 of 1