Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

Imola reports, pics, and clips.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Marlowemaniac

Imola reports, pics, and clips. Empty
PostSubject: Imola reports, pics, and clips.   Imola reports, pics, and clips. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Practice: Managed 1:54's but still 3 secs of the page.
Qually: Played safe and did 1:55 something
Race: Adjusted TS and music volume and my sound card would not mix Race07 correct and I could not hear engine which made me crash and puncture due to changing down to quick.

Decided to fill with gas and do the whole rest of race but it was before the pit window so had to pit again L12.

A moth was pestering me all race and so I crash again and also get stop go at one point. Got lonely towards the end so waited for Dave to race him and admire his paintwork.

Best quote: "If the race was longer I would have caught you prod"
Prod: "No you wouldn't"

Then prod says something about being anal which I think he meant he was managing his pace to match the gap and number of laps left. Sounded funny though.

Last edited by Marlowemaniac on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland

PostSubject: My Race Report & Some pics   Imola reports, pics, and clips. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Had the day off due to the Long Weekend & so I fired up my game to find that there was a race soon to start. YES!!!!
Grabbed my beloved Corvette & threw some laps in to get re-acquainted with the fire breating terror & was turning some good laps.
I would be lying if I said that I hadn't put a lot of time into this track... I had Smile
So, took pole with a nice clean lap & led from the green light right to the finish.
Had a small off track excursion early in the race but was able to make the time back up fairly quickly. Pit stop went very smoothly and & changed all four tyres as I had a small buffer back to Prod.

Took some screenshots from my replay of the Driver lineup during practice...

Imola reports, pics, and clips. Tr_s2_12
Imola reports, pics, and clips. Tr_s2_13
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: Imola reports, pics, and clips.   Imola reports, pics, and clips. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Was a good race!

Due to Imola being very tight and easy to get a Stop and Go, I settled in ahead of Kiwi and drove like a fart with my huge weight advantage.

Saved my tyred and teased Kiwi for the whole race, just as I had predicted if you push hard you will defo get a penalty.

Kiwi got a stop and go at the very end of the race and I rolled over the line comfortably in second.

The weights are making a huge difference, except for Steve Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Re: Imola reports, pics, and clips.   Imola reports, pics, and clips. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Steve's skin looks gr8. Can I have it for my race video?
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Re: Imola reports, pics, and clips.   Imola reports, pics, and clips. EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Here is battle for not being last. Me vs Dave on last lap with a couple of almost cool 360's from me (not quite as almost came to a standstill). As you can see by my motec data my tires were fine. This is because of two pit stops; one for puncture and damage and one mandatory. I assume Dave only did one pit stop and his tires were shot.

Best watched full screen 720pixel:

Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: Imola reports, pics, and clips.   Imola reports, pics, and clips. EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 2:11 am

I really thought that I had loaded my race setup Sad
So I had to pit early, but was distracted, trying to do a make shift pit preset while driving was not cool. I had to pit again for tires, so was out of contention for a podium.
My funny moment was coming out of the pits in front of Steve and had to let him through when the blue flags warned me. Steve and I both closed in towards _oo_, and after _oo_ let Steve and I through, he realised that I was actually overtaking him for position.

Needless to say, it was great fun last night, so thanks guys, and next time oo, I'll warn you if I'm fighting for position.

I saved the race replay if anyone would like it.

Pictures added to facebook, Steve, please feel free to add your screenshots to this album
Race 03 - Imola

Imola reports, pics, and clips. 2012-012

Imola reports, pics, and clips. 2012-013

Imola reports, pics, and clips. 2012-014
Back to top Go down
Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland

PostSubject: Re: Imola reports, pics, and clips.   Imola reports, pics, and clips. EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 5:45 am

Marlowemaniac wrote:
Steve's skin looks gr8. Can I have it for my race video?
The Team Kiwi skins are available from Teamspeak.
Grab it from the file browser in the "Crossland Racing channel"
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: Imola reports, pics, and clips.   Imola reports, pics, and clips. EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:18 am

Hi Marlowe, also in the "TR GTS.zip" file, you'll see the Team Kiwi corvettes in the Corvette folder.
If anyone else has a custom skin that is not showing in these pics, please PM me or send your skin to me, and I'll update the skin pack.

On that note, it's great to see lots of community members using custom skins. Makes the racing that much more enjoyable.

I tagged the people that I could in the facebook album.
Back to top Go down
Keif

PostSubject: Re: Imola reports, pics, and clips.   Imola reports, pics, and clips. EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:20 am

I like the driver line up pic. Cool

That's quite the diffuser, Steve and Eric. I'll be sure not to get into the back of you guys. I think it would eat me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imola reports, pics, and clips.   Imola reports, pics, and clips. Empty

Back to top Go down

Imola reports, pics, and clips.
Page 1 of 1