Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts Empty
PostSubject: Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts   Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi All

Round 8 at Rouen Les Essarts has been postponed. Please can we all get together on team speak tonight for a discussion.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts   Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts   Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:37 am

earliest i can make TS is around 20:00...
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts   Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:31 am

Thanks for the chat guys
Back to top Go down
Keif

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts   Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am

Sorry I missed the race guys, I'm having computer trouble. My laptop hates the heat...it likes to burn up video cards and I no longer have a warranty so I don't want to push it.
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts   Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Keif:
I will do a separate topic for keeping laptops cool.

Everyone:
I have made a separate post asking for a Ruen public server with all Race07 and all GTR-Evolution cars. I can do a hotlap challenge for it too. I suggest we postphone league two until we can get ten drivers signed up.

Southern Hemisphere drivers:
Prod is unable to race at 9PM. It is too late for him due to early starts on Monday morning and his job (erm and maybe his age - just kidding). I suggest racing either at 7PM UK time (6PM GMT) or 7AM UK time. We may have to have two races and if you do both races (the 7AM GMT and the 7PM GMT) you get half points. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts   Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi Keif

Yeah, we missed you, try opening up your laptop and removing the dust bunnies. I've had to do it a couple of times on my work laptop. You'll be surprised on the difference it makes. But Marlowe is the pro, I'm sure he'll have some proper instructions for those too scared to open up laptops/PC's

I agree with Marlowe, we should have a server up and rotate the track once a week for hotlap challenges and monitored by SLS. Either that, or we can post hotlap times on a separate thread.
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts   Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Munchk1n wrote:
Hi Keif

Yeah, we missed you, try opening up your laptop and removing the dust bunnies. I've had to do it a couple of times on my work laptop. You'll be surprised on the difference it makes. But Marlowe is the pro, I'm sure he'll have some proper instructions for those too scared to open up laptops/PC's

I agree with Marlowe, we should have a server up and rotate the track once a week for hotlap challenges and monitored by SLS. Either that, or we can post hotlap times on a separate thread.

Google the name of your laptop and select video. Someone will have filmed themselves removing the keyboard of your model of laptop (access to the motherboard, GPU, and CPU is usually via keyboard removal). Dust makes heat, heat kills laptops.
Back to top Go down
Keif

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts   Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:56 am

Thanks guys, I'll see what I can find.

I do blow out the cooling fan every month or so but that's probably not getting it all. I also have a cooling pad.
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts   Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:20 am

Must be dust on the CPU and GPU or your hard disk drive is generating heat and on the way out. Good luck with it mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts   Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts Empty

Back to top Go down

Round 8 - Rouen Les Essarts
Page 1 of 1