Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.

Go down 
+2
Keif
Marlowemaniac
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marlowemaniac

League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. Empty
PostSubject: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:41 am

Lap 1, sector 1; 'Hail Mary' pass attempt for second place would have taken out the leader so I took my foot of the brake to sail past before he turned in.

Came back onto the circuit in 7th. Worked my way up to 4th, 3.8 seconds behind Munck1n. Matched him lap time for lap time for three laps then started closing on him but not very fast.

Then, on lap seven or 8, something happened to Prod and before I knew what had happened both Prod and Munchk1n were behind me and I was in second place, albeit a long way back from USteppin.

I had ten laps of fuel at the start but I pitted tactically at the end of lap 9 because I wanted to be lapping on fresh tires when Munchk1n was on worn tires and hope I would still be second after his pit stop. My car did not take very long to warm up brakes and tires and I was confident I would be able to hold him off towards the end of the race even if he were faster than me.

I was the first to pit. When I tried to change tires I realised to my dismay that I had reconfigured my pit menu keys (for a video I was doing yesterday) and forgot to re-assigned them.

I was unable to change my tires or refuel. I then realised maybe Muchk1n was on full tanks from the start and if that were so I would not have got a podium anyway. I was still very disappointed though. Only having 10 laps fuel was fun but a tactical error I think as refuelling adds several seconds to a pit stop.

Anyway, congrats to USteppin.
Back to top Go down
Keif

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:30 pm

You were very quick in the opening laps. But i think you're right that it's not the best strategy.

Prod had a ridiculously good start. I lost a few spots on the opening lap at the hairpin and was racing with _oo_. We had some good racing, he held me off for about 4 laps and then i got past him going down into the hair pin.

You and Prod had your issues and i caught up to Munckin who was in 2nd. We came up on JP who was a back marker, him and Munchkin got together and i got past him there. I watched the replay on that incident. I don't think JP was checking his mirror because we were behind him for a bit. And I would've made the same move because it looked like he was giving you the line.

So i was up to second and i had some good pace. Everything was good. Then with about 6 minutes left i realized i pulled a Munchkin and didn't add enough fuel at the start. Neutral So i go into the pits, added fuel in the menu but i forgot to select it (where it turns green). Mad So i didn't get any fuel but luckily i had enough to make it to the pits on the next lap and i finished 4th.

I had fun (love Sebring) but it sounded like everyone had drama.

Last edited by Keif on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:38 pm

I hear on teamspeak some were stuck in pits for a few seconds before or after their stop. I wonder if it's just people with auto pit?

I also hit a back marker, I think it was Dave. Sorry Dave, that one was 100% my fault. I was trying to stay close to you in the exit of the final turn to get slipstream down the straight but did not figure on our speed difference. I guess you had damage. I should have realised that. I hope I did not delay Munchk1n when I spun you around Dave.

Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Video   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 4:10 am

I have done a video of the first three laps here:
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/t162-sebring-first-3-laps#946

I intend to do part two so please remind me of any incidents you would like included.

I loved my car being light on 10 laps fuel at the start and doing lots of overtaking, two cars in one corner he he.
Back to top Go down
Keif

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:43 am

I'll have to check out your video but off the top of my head, your pass on USA chillin and me on lap 1 after the hairpin. And then on lap 4, the last straight to the final turn there was some good action. About four of us grouped together going down the straight followed by Eric's dive bomb on _oo_ and I in to the final turn.
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:33 am

Even with my light car that lap one overtake was one of my best overtakes. Not often I overtake two cars together who are not side by side. A bit cheeky though as it gave me a very slow exit and you were baulked. Shame I lost the place to you a couple of corners later but got past you at the start of lap 2.

I flattered to deceive though as I was lighter on fuel.
Back to top Go down
Keif

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:44 am

That was great. I saw you in the mirrors and was totally expecting you to go flying past me. hehe

I watched the replay and i was way too nice going into turn 1 where you got past me there on the 2nd lap. I got a warning for being so far over too. Next time. afro
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:50 am

Indeed you gave me loads of room and could have hung me out there. However, I think I did take a wider line than usual because I knew we were side by side.

TIP: set the sound of other cars very high so you can hear where they are.

I am very proud of my fastest lap. Six thousanths quicker and I would have had equal fastest lap with you. I may have had some slipstream though, I will check the replay. Also maybe other cars had damage when they were light on fuel.

Fastest laps.

Keif Mosler 2:05.998
marlowemaniac 2:06.004
USteppin 2:06.492
Jorg Last 2:07.542
Munchk1n 2:07.831
_oo_ 2:08.003
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 4:28 pm

I really know how Kiwi Eric feels regarding the weight, driving with an extra 60kg's on board was not easy, and looking at the lap times I'm surprised I came second, although I had a run in with JP/racenow, and touching the tirebarrier on the final corner and having a grassy moment when prod and I bumped. My lap times were quite consistant after lap 3 and I had a decent pit, initially my tire change didn't start, so reversed and went forward again, maybe a bug on the mod track, who knows. second session on less fuel was better and there was no-one but racenow [this time telling him to check his mirrors Smile] and dave. Knowing that Usteppin was way ahead, and prod some distance behind, I took it easy and ensured a podium finish

Well done to everyone, congrats to uSteppin, this is a great track and look forward to another race on it.
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:36 pm

I am looking forward to Road America because I will be 0KG again and this time I will have assigned pit menu keys.

Here are my Sebring lap times.

Lap=(0, -1.000, 2:20.858) My first lap was slow due to the hairpin bail out (fly by).
Lap=(1, 90.771, 2:09.425)
Lap=(2, 231.629, 2:08.270)
Lap=(3, 361.054, 2:08.118)
Lap=(4, 489.324, 2:07.584)
Lap=(5, 617.441, 2:06.004) !!!FLUKE!!!
Lap=(6, 745.026, 2:08.336)
Lap=(7, 871.030, 2:09.475)
Lap=(8, 999.366, 2:17.802) This is where I pitted but could not refuel.

NOTE: Lap zero is the first lap and lap 8 is the 9th lap.
Back to top Go down
racenow

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:15 am

Munchk1n wrote:
although I had a run in with JP/racenow, and touching the tirebarrier on the final corner and having a grassy moment when prod and I bumped. racenow [this time telling him to check his mirrors Smile]

Video proof or it did not happen Very Happy

Lap #? I want to see my error.

There is such a thing as blame it on the slow guy so I need facts!!!! sunny
Being that I don't run erattic lines I can't see how anyone would have a hard time getting around me safely.

It is like blaming a orange cone for being in the way lol.

Was Munchk1n your in race name?

Just thought of something wait a second your not the guy that plowed me at end of race are you? If so LOLOLOL I really hope your post is making fun of it.

Edit: Found the incident on my lap 9 .. I think it held me up more then it did you. As far as mirrors go I am pretty sure I clearly stated going to left on ts. But like prod said if ts is not effective why even bother relying on it.

I was 10 seconds slower then almost everyone and people knew that prior to the race. Very Happy

Being fast does not give reason to pass people in bad spots or lack pateince in any race game. Rather then show patience and pass coming out of turn you both tryed to make it 3 wide and turn going into a corner. So that wreck in my eyes was poor judgement more then a issue on mirrors. It is a shame we got tangled up though and im not sure it would have effected your overall position.

these are the 2 incidents I was involved in. Plus had about self 3 run offs. I was happy with my (clean) race considering not have played the game in months and with almost little no practice. My goal was just to finish and not wreck anyone.

video link to my 2 contacts (i was orange car ) .. https://youtu.be/zkqvOODdQxQ

Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:00 am

Ok here it is from my point of view...
Before any call me prejudice Just remember i did not race @ Sebring..

OK JP. If you dont know your car models then i amu shud not blame ppl for hitting you at the end of a race...

Munch is in a Mosler not a Spyker, Not only is it a Mosler but it has a Red Bull skin Not a Blue Spkyer..

Who that is i am not sure but that could be found out by yourself..

Secondly if you actually check the race results Munch came in 2nd not behind you...

All munch said was this Quote "although I had a run in with JP/racenow, and touching the tirebarrier on the final corner and having a grassy moment when prod and I bumped. racenow [this time telling him to check his mirrors"
Did he say it was on purpose, NO, he said i had a run, so again did he blame you NO.

And you have a nerve to have a go? sorry m8 but this is a friendly Community, not for having a go at each other..

If you want to carry on racing with us at Twisted Racing then you need to buckle up,

Thanx Andy
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
racenow

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:15 am

it is ALWAYS the passers responsiblity to pass cleanly.

That does not change in any normal functioning motorsport. The thing to do would be to wait or set up for pass going into a considerably long straight.

This sort of scenario plays out weekly in lemans and alms, with the split in lap times and hp diffence. Almost never will you see 2 LMP1 's try to overtake one gt1 car 3 wide into a corner like that. They break and wait or set up for the straight.

Personally I found it entertaining conversation as I just saw the post today. Smile
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:19 am

Racenow, Im sorry but being that far off pace is not healthy for our community.

Your video shows in the "Bonus Content" that u opened the door for the person lappin you then slam it shut in his face. Thats either "not using your mirrors" or being a dick. Which we do have a rule for if you havent checked them out already.

If I was to be totally honest Id say to hit the track for some serious practise as your in serious need of it.

Racing is the similar in all sims. I dont think not having played 1 sim for a few months would make u forget how to change gear.

Truth hurts but I hope you bounce back from it. If you ever put some real effort into racing then wed be happy to have you for another trial.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:25 am

Just thought of something wait a second your not the guy that plowed me at end of race are you? If so LOLOLOL I really hope your post is making fun of it.

If this was an issue with that spkyer hitting on the last lap. then feel free too posy something sim to this,

https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/t84-league-1-complaints...

This way u have the vid and a type ur issue so all can have, their chance to put their point of view
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:31 am

racenow wrote:

it is ALWAYS the passers responsiblity to pass cleanly.

You were being lapped. Please go check the blue flag rules.

We are not doin ALMS all the cars are competitive.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:35 am

For breaking these 2 rules I am ejecting you from the league

1. On your first race the 3 strike policy does not apply. You get 1 strike and your out!
  2. If you cause a crash because of lack of practise you will receive 1 strike.
Back to top Go down
racenow

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:42 am

lol that is laughable.

eject me from a league of wreckers, god i am not sure how i will sleep tonight.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:49 am

We'r the furthest from wreckers that youve ever had the privilege of racing with. Thank you and good bye.
Back to top Go down
Keif

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:43 am

Shocked

I'm speechless...and slightly concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDmzzs3Zr_o&feature=channel&list=UL
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:47 am

What you concerned about dude?
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:57 am

TWISTED METAL RACING HOME of Snivling crybabys, can dish it out but can't take it.
Man up. Guy posts ''you should use your mirrors more lol. Weeks later I see his post and give my friendly opinion next thing its like I threatened his grandma cookie jar, 2 admin going looney on me on there forums. No wonder why Guybo quit.
You guys know nothing about racing.

This guy is cracking me up.

"crybaby"?
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:11 am

I saved the replay, I'll post the incident with racenow and myself soon enough so we can all discuss. I was trying to go past cleanly, but at the time I was also racing for position, race now was in the middle of the track, next bend was a right hander, so I went left around him, racenow also decided to go left, we collided, Keif was just just behind me and he went right to avoid racenow. After my collision with racenow, and it was time to lap him again, I called for him to check his mirrors to avoid another collision.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:48 am

You shouldn't need to explain yourself.

He was under blue flags, and if he would have used his brain that collision would have been avoided.

He shoulda just shut his mouth and I wouldnt have seen that stupid move he did. He could have ruined your race because he was unable to drive at a reasonable pace.

I think hes a tool. Ill let u guys make your own opinion.
Back to top Go down
Keif

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:03 am

prod wrote:
What you concerned about dude?

Racenow.

I'm just baffled with his view on this. I mean he came in midway through the league, no practice on that track, caused an accident with a lapping car, and not only is he not sorry for it but actually put the blame on the lapping car!

I think he's insane and I'm glad he won't be on track.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.   League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions. Empty

Back to top Go down

League 2 Round 3 Sebring impressions.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next