Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
arc anjil

arc anjil

F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07 Empty
PostSubject: F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07   F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 4:10 am

Below are links to a conversion of the tracks in Codemasters F1 2010 game. The tracks look very good but for size reasons some things are missing in a number of the tracks. Mostly it is the crowds; a lot of the tracks do not have any crowds.

!!All tracks MUST go in a folder called "F1" under Locations!!

My assesment (editorial/opinion/rant/etc.):

Bahrain: Eh. It's Bahrain, the desert. There's nothing here. It is very featureless.
Link: Bahrain

Catalunya/Barcelona: Very nice. Looks nicer than the one we used for a 100MBit race.
Link: Catalunya

Hockenheim: Looks almost exactly like Simbin's RR1 track. some of the seats are different colored.
Link: Hockenheim

Hungaroring: Similar to a number of the DL versions. It works. It's OK. Nothing special.
Link: Hungaroring

Istanbul: According to the on-board videos at F1.com, this track doesn't look at all like the Turkish GP except for the track being the right shape. It's not even the right colored track; it's too light. There's a line of trees you can see on the track that doesn't exist IRL.
Link: Istanbul

Melbourne: Beautiful track. A lot of fun to drive. I like this track. And the rumble strips rumble, unlike the other available DL version.
Link: Melbourne

Monaco: Gorgeous! Not as "eye candy" as in F1 2011, but for RACE 07, this track is a jaw-dropper. A good upper-body workout (if you have a wheel).
Link: Monaco

Montreal: Another track with flags but no crowd. Still, this is a nice looking and very drivable track.
Link: Montreal

Monza: A much more user-friendly version for Formula-style cars. The rumble strips at the first and second variante and at Ascari are lower and less "curb"-like than Simbin's version. I'd like to race this one, but I can't get it to work online. The converter, at F1 Classic, says he has no problem. I get booted as a possible cheat, from my own server! It's the same files! Oh well.
Link: Monza

Shanghai: Nice track. About the same as the other available DL.
Link: Shanghai

Silverstone: Same as Shanghai. Not much different than other DL's of this track.
Link: Silverstone

Singapore: This one has much more eye candy than the other DL version. Although the race isn't at night (The converter claims it is), it is still very nice looking. A real challenge and a lot of fun. The only time I get night is a Practice session.
Link: Singapore

Spa: This track is much more smoothed out than the 03/04 or the 08 versions (which, I assume, were made bumpier so the heavier WTCC would be able to feel them. With camera movement at 100%, it's just a shaky blur in an F1 car). There's too many 2D trees that detract from the appearance. I guess they're there to help cut down the size of the track files. When you're racing, you don't really notice them, so I prefer this one over the other DL tracks.
Link: Spa

Suzuka: Not bad. I prefer Suzuka08 over this one, but this one is good. Nothing special in my book, though.
Link: Suzuka

Valencia (European GP): Nice! Much nicer than the other DL version. The other one looks all white and boring. So much so, that I didn't like the track until I tried this one. Now I like it, such a challenge (I feel the same way about Singapore).
Link: Valencia Street

Yas Marina (Abu Dhabi): Very busy! It took me 4 or 5 laps just to relearn the corners. Good challenging track. I think the tunnel pit exit is goofy. And... the pit exit arrow points left, but you need to go right. Also, the Safety Car lights/flags are always on. I've asked the modder if there is a way to fix that.
Link: Abu Dhabi

Yeongam: Surprisingly a nice version of the Korean circuit. At least it looks more like the real track than other versions I've seen.
Link: Korea

Interlagos: I can't use this track. It stutters badly in the pit area and after the first corner out of the pits. Other than that, it works fine for me, but I don't see enough of a difference from the other DL version to try and figure out the problem.
Link: Interlagos

Last edited by arc anjil on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://acmeracing.forumotion.com/
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07   F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:56 am

Good effort m8.

When I get time ill check these out! Smile

I see you like modding, would u be interested in fixing the mirrors in the DTM mod? Cant remeber which version it is but Im sure someone will fill the gaps. If you fix this bug I know a whole lot of people in TR who will be unbelievably pleased.

When there are a few cars on the track the mirrors flicker on and off, very annoyin as i use real mnirrors and have to jump out of the server and change to virtual mirror every time I use them.

I should have started a new thread for this so feel free if u like and ill delete this post.
Back to top Go down
arc anjil

arc anjil

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07   F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:15 am

prod wrote:
Good effort m8.

When I get time ill check these out! Smile

I see you like modding, would u be interested in fixing the mirrors in the DTM mod? Cant remeber which version it is but Im sure someone will fill the gaps. If you fix this bug I know a whole lot of people in TR who will be unbelievably pleased.

When there are a few cars on the track the mirrors flicker on and off, very annoyin as i use real mnirrors and have to jump out of the server and change to virtual mirror every time I use them.

I should have started a new thread for this so feel free if u like and ill delete this post.

No, no!! I'm no modder, sorry to give that impression. I do custom skins and that's about it. My foray into the F1 2011 mod is like a fish exploring a jungle; I'm very dangerous and back up everything before I try the smallest change. I'd just like to get it to work as it's a quite enjoyable mod.

As to your mirrors, what setting do you use in the game? I use Normal draw distance. You might try asking one of the modders at F1 Classic, or email/PM Gunthar via RD.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07   F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:55 am

Ok, thanx for the speedy reply, I do use 150% draw and every setting on absoloute max so maybe thats the problem, havent looked into it much buts its ultra annoyin.

Back to top Go down
arc anjil

arc anjil

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07   F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:31 am

For anyone who DL'd any of these tracks:

There is a new V1.3 update out (I know, there already was a 1.3 update!). Singapore now works correctly (day practice, night race), and some fixes to pits at some tracks.

Here's a link: F1 2010 track V1.3 update

Barcelona is coming up. Check out out the Catalunya track in this pack. Awesome! Great fun in the MMG F1 mod.
Back to top Go down
Eric James
Admin
Eric James

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07   F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Check these tracks out. They are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07   F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07 Empty

Back to top Go down

F1 2010 Tracks For RACE 07
Page 1 of 1