Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

Endurance Races

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

Endurance Races Empty
PostSubject: Endurance Races   Endurance Races EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:37 am

We have had a few discussions in TS about an endurance race held every month,,

I for 1 would like to see this actual happen, as this will be good for team and comminuty moral....

I think we was thinking of a possible 2-3 hr race..

Again the cars and tracks would have to be discussed,

1 Tracks : Nurburgring, Le-Mans, Road America, Road Altalnta (if on Race), Sebring, so that has been thrown up in the air

For those that have not heard but that to members around the community we have managed to get hold of an ALMS mod, a GT3 mod, which i am in the middle of testing,,

Also we are looking at holding a grid of around 30-40 slots for this,, With advertising on other sites and communities, i am sure that we could get a good grid,,

Please post any ideas about this as this is your comminuty and your thoughts count
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

Endurance Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance Races   Endurance Races EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Great suggestion Andy, I would also like to see this happen, I think we should setup test race soon, inform the other communities and see what numbers we get. I think and endurance series is also a great way to get the kind of drivers we're looking for in our community. I remember Kiwiracer signed up during the last endurance race.

My thoughts:
I think the endurance should be maximum 2 1/2 hours. That last 3 hour race was just too much, I remember during the long straight I had to drop my arms to get circulation again.

Can I also suggest the Kayalami 79 track, it's fast and easy to learn, yet hard to master. We could also use 2 versions of Le Mans, the modern version, and the 70's version. Both are great for endurance.
Perhaps Spa-Francorchamps could also be a good endurance track.

We should see if we can get hold of older versions of tracks, like the old 60's Belgium GP track (SPA triangle) etc.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

Endurance Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance Races   Endurance Races EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:53 pm

With reguards to advertising on other community sites, this will be done when we have the cars, tracks and dates sorted.

Great suggestions for tracks...

with reguards to spa we have a good mix to use, 67,2004,2008,,

Same with Le-Mans we have the 77,79 and 04 version i think.

But please keep all suggestions coming...

also with reguards to race length that also depends on the tracks we use. for instance i agree with wot u say abt the long straights, but if we used Le-Mans 04 then there are 2 chicanes to break that up,
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
Sponsored content

Endurance Races Empty
PostSubject: Re: Endurance Races   Endurance Races Empty

Back to top Go down

Endurance Races
Page 1 of 1