Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
prod
Admin
prod

RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events Empty
PostSubject: RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events   RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:27 am

With League 1 coming to an end, we have finalized the last few details of the RRF1 events that will be running before we kick off League 2.

Week 1 - Hockenheim

Week 2 - Melbourne

15 mins normal qualifying, 5 mins warmup and the a 40 minute race. Mandatory Pits (2 Tyre Minimum).

85% damage, Pro difficulty, optional medium traction control.

RaceRoom 2 Download
Melbourne Download
Back to top Go down
grumpp

grumpp

PostSubject: Re: RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events   RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:01 am

Will this be Sunday's? and at what time?
Back to top Go down
Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland

PostSubject: PIT-STOP TIPS   RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:49 am

Hi guys, just thought I'd share some tips for pitstops for some of the newer guys...
These can save you time in the race and possibly earn you places. What a Face

1) Turn off autopit
2) Make sure you have a pitstop preset menu setup (do this in the main menu when in a server during qual or practice session)
3) You can turn the pit menu on or off while driving to see what your next pitstop will be by pressing the [ ` ] button, or you can set a button in options of your choice.
4) Once the menu is open I use my arrows to change the parameters of my pit menu preset while I'm driving if I need to change the details of the stop... e.g you can add fuel or change which tyres need changing, what damage to repair etc all while still driving on track. You can also cycle between presets if you have more than one. This lets you have a few different presets to cater for different possible situations.
5) Have a button ready to turn on the pit limiter before you cross the pit entry. A stop/go penalty for speeding could cost you dearly.
6) Don't forget to confirm your pitstop [RETURN] when the menu pops up as your enter pitlane, otherwise nothing will happen.

I also have buttons set for Ignition [I] and Starter[S] to save time when refueling. Refueling will not commence until the engine is shut off, so if I need fuel I can cut the engine while still rolling which means immediate refueling. As soon as fuel is done, I can switch on ignition & start the car while the tyres are changed. This means my engine is running as soon as the car hits the ground, rather than waiting fo the crew to restart the car for me... saves around 4-5 seconds and I've gained places using this method. Beware, if you cut the engine and miss the pit bay it will cost you time in restarting the car and moving slightly forward or backwards. You'll need to practice this before trying it in a race.

Back to top Go down
Keif

PostSubject: Re: RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events   RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:52 am

Awesome, Steve. Thanks.

Also curious about the time. Same as a league 1?
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events   RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:24 am

Keif wrote:
Awesome, Steve. Thanks.

Also curious about the time. Same as a league 1?

if r concerning the race time then yes it will be the same time . but just to let you know that the times for league 1 was changed after march due to the DST, as most of us went forward, New Zealand went ack 1 hr, so for this reason Quali starts around 21:15 -21:30 BST = GMT+1
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland

PostSubject: Re: RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events   RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:04 pm

reedyandreedy wrote:
if r concerning the race time then yes it will be the same time . but just to let you know that the times for league 1 was changed after march due to the DST, as most of us went forward, New Zealand went ack 1 hr, so for this reason Quali starts around 21:15 -21:30 BST = GMT+1
I probably Won't be back by then as School holidays are over now.
I'll join for some fun if you guys are still around afterwards though.

Is League 2 the same time?
Back to top Go down
Keif

PostSubject: Re: RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events   RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:18 pm

I might be able to do some practice and qualifying tomorrow but i'll probably have to leave before the race starts. Helping my brother install a trolling motor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events   RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events Empty

Back to top Go down

RaceRoom F1 - 2 races between League 1 and 2 - Fun Events
Page 1 of 1