Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

Fun races (league Break)

Go down 
+3
soundsgreat6
prod
reedyandreedy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

Fun races (league Break) Empty
PostSubject: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:44 am

As we will be having around a 2 week break between leagues, How would you like to race the RaceRoom F1 mod?

If so please state which tracks u would like whether it be stock or Modded tracks?

IE: Nurburgh GP, Melbourne, Spain, ect ect ect

Last edited by reedyandreedy on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:46 am

I really wanna see this happen, Im super curious whether we can have a good race in these cars.

It will be mighty difficult but i think it would be insanely fun.

My votes on nurburg and valencia.
Back to top Go down
soundsgreat6

soundsgreat6

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:42 pm

2004Lemans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Thought came to mind, if anyone wants to have traction control or ABS say now.

Id prefer to have neither but if the majority votes then it will most likely be enabled.
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 10:30 pm

"Nurburgh GP, Melbourne, Spain"
yes, yes and yes

I also prefer assists off!
Back to top Go down
arc anjil

arc anjil

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:51 am

Well, I'll give it a try, meaning I'll try to keep the list short.

Monza
Melbourne
Interlagos
Mid-Ohio (VLM has a version for those who don't have the GT Power pack)
Road America
Silverstone
Montreal
Valencia Street Circuit
Spa
Sepang

I won't suggest Monaco - too frustrating to race on unless everyone has raced many times together.

I have a much nicer Monza than anything Simbin has, but I can't get it to work online. It's from a conversion of F1 2010 tracks for RACE 07. The Melbourne, Silverstone, Montreal, Valencia, SPa, and Sepang listed above are also from the pack. Very nice looking tracks, but VERY big - huge!.

Melbourne looks great and at least you can feel the rumble strips on this version.
The Valencia (European GP) is much more pleasing to drive than the other DL version (very boring looking). Spa is great to drive (smoothed out track, not like the 03, 04, 08 versions), but a lot of 2D trees detract from its looks (although you don't see much of them while racing!).

There's also a great Singapore. Much more eye candy than the other available version, but for some reason, the night only works in the Practice selection, never during a race. But it's a Monaco-like track - no room for error. Still, a blast to race on!

Back to top Go down
http://acmeracing.forumotion.com/
soundsgreat6

soundsgreat6

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:26 am

assists on, tried yesterday w/o and was very tough
Back to top Go down
arc anjil

arc anjil

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:34 am

soundsgreat6 wrote:

Unlike a lot of people who play RACE 07, I have no problem racing against those who use assists. Just make it so you can turn off the assists if you want.

Personally, I find low Semi-Pro (low setting on ABS and TC, no Steering Assistance) to give a more accurate feel to the cars than Pro setting does. But that's just personal attitude.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:40 am

arc anjil wrote:
soundsgreat6 wrote:

Unlike a lot of people who play RACE 07, I have no problem racing against those who use assists. Just make it so you can turn off the assists if you want.

Personally, I find low Semi-Pro (low setting on ABS and TC, no Steering Assistance) to give a more accurate feel to the cars than Pro setting does. But that's just personal attitude.

Their is nothing stopping us to have a mix of assists? the 1's that feel comfortable with no assists and the 1's that feel comfortable with asists. so we can have say semi-pro but they can be changed in-game to no assists for them that prefer without...
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Yep, I'm keen. Had a run in these a couple of weeks back at Interlagos & they certainly are a different beast...
I think I ended up running 20 front wing and 13 rear...
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:56 pm

I like arc-anjil's track list, and yes, we should put assists on, anyone who does not like the assists on can switch them off. This is for fun anyway.
Back to top Go down
Eric James
Admin
Eric James

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:39 am

Hi Arc Anjil
Can you post the link for those chats
Cheers,
Eric James.
Back to top Go down
arc anjil

arc anjil

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:58 am

Tracks converted from Codemasters F1 2010 game.

The server where the whole set is seems to be having problems (I get internal server error), but you can try. Here's the link:

http://www.simjunkie.co.uk/index.htm

Go to DOWNLOADS\TRACKS\F1 2010 TRACK PACK

DL (if you can) V1.1 track pack and the 1.2 upgrade.

I've posted a set of links to the F1 2010 track conversion here:

https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/t96-f1-2010-tracks-for-race-07#622

Also, I'm currently trying to help a modder get his F1 2011 car mod working online. Great looking cars, nice sounds, good handling, but some of the cars boot you as possible cheat when you try to use them online.

Anyone with any idea on what could be causing this is greatly encouraged to reply!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fun races (league Break)   Fun races (league Break) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fun races (league Break)
Page 1 of 1