Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

Event 1 Anderstorp

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marlowemaniac

Event 1 Anderstorp Empty
PostSubject: Event 1 Anderstorp   Event 1 Anderstorp EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 am

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it.

Race 1:
I hit cab and thought I knocked him off the circuit. I waited for him but he never arrived. It turned out he did not go off track and whist I was looking for him behind me with reverse view he was 'over the hill and far away'. Doh!

Race 2:
Can't believe I won. I was hoping for a podium because I knew hotspur and Eric were almost 2 seconds a lap faster than me. No sure where munch was.
When Hotspur was right behind me he was very fair in his attack and it was difficult for him because he knew I was not that fast. He was not sure where I was braking early. I was hard in my defense but never braked early on purpose.
I am glad Eric caught up and they slowed each other and had accidents with each other.
I eased of at the end of my last lap so the clock would go to zero before I crossed the line. I did not want to do another lap!
Back to top Go down
HamP

HamP

Event 1 Anderstorp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event 1 Anderstorp   Event 1 Anderstorp EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 7:07 pm

I've also enjoyed it very much - it's waay more better to drive with You guys, then in any other online racing games! Accidents happen, but noone is ramming others on purpose. Also there is a healthy competition and friendly atmosphere!

Those are my first steps in virtual racing (well, let's exclude those two previous races, because they were a disaster for me,hehe Very Happy ) and it's really good to be in TR and see how You drive. It's also great to receive so much help from You in terms of car driving and setups.

Anyway, I don't know who was frapsing that race, but it would be really nice to see a video from some greatest moments of the race Smile

So, thanks for the race - looking forward to the next one Very Happy And of course see You online during a week - practice, practice, practice...

Oh, and of course - congratulations to the winners!!

PS.Is it me, or those Alfa's just don't break?
Back to top Go down
http://mnfoto.com.pl
Marlowemaniac

Event 1 Anderstorp Empty
PostSubject: Race 2 movie   Event 1 Anderstorp EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:17 am

Here is a movie of race 2. I used virtual dub to slide forwards and backwards through my race and remove the dull buts and when I found something very interesting on the track map I frapped it from the replay and inserted it into the movie.

I regret the skin I used. Sorry about this. I will use a simbin skin next time or maybe someone could do me a twistedracing skin? I have tried skinning using free software but failed and ran out of time.

Is it okay if I post this on Nogrip and racedepartment?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDhia9OLHGw
Back to top Go down
HamP

HamP

Event 1 Anderstorp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event 1 Anderstorp   Event 1 Anderstorp EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:31 pm

3:35 - Evil or Very Mad Wink
Anyway, cool job mate, hope to see more movies! Smile
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

Event 1 Anderstorp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event 1 Anderstorp   Event 1 Anderstorp EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:53 pm

HamP wrote:
3:35 - Evil or Very Mad Wink
Anyway, cool job mate, hope to see more movies! Smile

Yes that was a bad racing incident. I hope you don't mind me including it in the video but I like to include some spectacle as well as racing.

You overteer into the inside kerb and loose speed and Prod does not react in time. I don't think he was trying to overtake you. I think he could not slow down in time and gets on your inside and drifts out and his front bumper hits your left rear. Maybe I am wrong and he was trying to seize on the chance and overtake you. He will be able to say.
Back to top Go down
HamP

HamP

Event 1 Anderstorp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event 1 Anderstorp   Event 1 Anderstorp EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:09 am

Well, it might have been my fault, because I'm still learning how to properly react to other drivers moves and to give others a clear image of what I am doing myself. Obviously I was driving too chaotic and I guess that lead to the accident Smile
Anyway, of course I don't mind that You have included that mate! I was just surprised that You included it afterall Smile
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

Event 1 Anderstorp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event 1 Anderstorp   Event 1 Anderstorp EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:58 am

HamP wrote:
3:35 - Evil or Very Mad Wink)

Sorry dude, that little quarter slide u done just slowed u down too much too quickly for me to react. I waited a short time but that slide woulda left me waiting till the end of the pack to rejoin. Better luck next time Smile
Back to top Go down
HamP

HamP

Event 1 Anderstorp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event 1 Anderstorp   Event 1 Anderstorp EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 am

prod wrote:
HamP wrote:
3:35 - Evil or Very Mad Wink)

Sorry dude, that little quarter slide u done just slowed u down too much too quickly for me to react. I waited a short time but that slide woulda left me waiting till the end of the pack to rejoin. Better luck next time Smile

No worries Smile
And I owe You one Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
Eric James
Admin
Eric James

Event 1 Anderstorp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event 1 Anderstorp   Event 1 Anderstorp EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi Marlowe and everyone,
That video is really good to watch.
I have watched it 3 times already lol.
Cant get enough of it .
Thankyou guys for a really great race times 2.
You are all amazing.
Cheers
Eric.
Back to top Go down
Marlowemaniac

Event 1 Anderstorp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event 1 Anderstorp   Event 1 Anderstorp EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:02 am

Eric James wrote:
Hi Marlowe and everyone,
That video is really good to watch.
I have watched it 3 times already lol.
Cant get enough of it .
Thankyou guys for a really great race times 2.
You are all amazing.
Cheers
Eric.

Thanks mate. I like mixing live fraps recording with replay.

The live fraps recording is good for two reasons
1. People who watch my video can see driver name tags, trackmap, and stuff happening in my mirror.
2. When I load the live frap recording into virtualdub I can move the time line slider forwards and backwards and see the cars wizzing forwards and backwards so I can easily spot when two or more cars are close to each other and also spot cars going off the circuit or stopping on the circuit (because of spin etc).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Event 1 Anderstorp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event 1 Anderstorp   Event 1 Anderstorp Empty

Back to top Go down

Event 1 Anderstorp
Page 1 of 1