Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

League 1 Complaints

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

League 1 Complaints Empty
PostSubject: League 1 Complaints   League 1 Complaints EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:20 pm

We have had a few incidents where drivers are slowing down to let the faster drivers through,, This should not be happening as we are racing for position, And something that occured that made me spin out due to lack of consideration to other racers.

Coming out of the Hairpin i managed to catch Grummp up as he made a mistake into the corner so coming out of that corner i had got close but i knew that with the next couple of corners coming up that it would put us both out of the race if i attempted to overtake, so i would have waited till the last corner and try to get a good run on him down the pit straight.

But instead of me trying this Grummp decided to brake and cause me to take avasion and i ended up spining out, Luckly i did not damge the car because of this stupid move.. Video showing this and what happened below

We are all on the track to have a good time, also when on track not to brake on straights specailly right infront of a driver..
You dont see this in real life so please dont do this in-game..
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: League 1 Complaints   League 1 Complaints EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:03 am

I had a second look, it looks like Grump may have braked early, or mistaken that chicane for another turn, its difficult to tell from this. We can see that Grump didn't have much time to get a good setup, his car was quite unstable, so breaking early to avoid going off himself. but at the same time, perhaps communitation may have been key here.

This chicane doesn't require one to brake, , and if you need to, not a lot. I slow down going into the chicane by gearing down, perhaps a faster car would have to brake. So I can understand Andy's frustration here, and well done to andy for avoiding a nasty incident even if you yourself went off the track.

This situation could be analysed further, so I'd like to see feedback from everyone what they think of this situation, including Grumpp.

In a situation like this, when I'm close to an opponent, I may decide whether or not to take a different racing line. This fast chicane is very hard when you are not on the race line, so perhaps also tapping the breaks to get a slightly slower entry and get a faster exit as you can afford to do so. This is a risky corner for overtaking either way.

Regardless of what happens, we need to communicate to each other, this is why we have TS., including this.
Well Done Andy for taking the win in race 2, you had a couple of unlucky incidents in race 1.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: League 1 Complaints   League 1 Complaints EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:58 am

This to me looks like lack of practice/concentration. I struggled like hell to line that corner up.

One problem we will always have is someone who has practiced will hit the back of someone who hasnt had that much. Unfortunately theres only 1 way to fix that and thats more practice all round.

People who have had lots of practice will brake much later or not at all.

This is my opinion. By all means rip it apart.
Back to top Go down
grumpp

grumpp

PostSubject: Re: League 1 Complaints   League 1 Complaints EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:16 am

I had a crappy set-up. Usually I get to do a LOT of laps before a race. Not this week. The best way for me to do that corner was charge it hard and then brake. If not I would of had to slow way down for the next sweeping right hand . I even tried down shifting to 4th there a few times. Slowing there allowed me almost full throttle in fifth through the next corner. If I tried that corner without slowing I would of been in the grass. It wasn't a stupid move on me.....I raced that corner that way the whole race. I tried to stay wide so if you were faster you could pass me.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: League 1 Complaints   League 1 Complaints EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:44 am

Lack of practise/time same thing Very Happy

Happens to the best of us. I wouldnt worry too much Wink

Remeber my luck in andersthorp? That sucked Very Happy

Better luck next week guys, but on a serious note dont let any of this come between mates.

Much love Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: League 1 Complaints   League 1 Complaints EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:48 am

After reading ur reply Grummp it actually looks like on that corner you downshifted to 4th as i was just goin into 5th as resultin me nearly hitting you and i managed to miss you, but ended up spinning myself out.

I only wrote wot it looked like from my view in the cockpit, so next week back on the ball @ istanbul Smile
Back to top Go down
grumpp

grumpp

PostSubject: Re: League 1 Complaints   League 1 Complaints EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:10 am

Well...you just said what you saw. I would be pissed too if I could take the corner at speed and the guy in front brakes. As bad as the set-up was I still got a high 124 in practice full of gas. Where's everyone setting the brakes? I'm usually at 51/49 at 100%.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: League 1 Complaints   League 1 Complaints EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:13 am

grumpp wrote:
Well...you just said what you saw. I would be pissed too if I could take the corner at speed and the guy in front brakes. As bad as the set-up was I still got a high 124 in practice full of gas. Where's everyone setting the brakes? I'm usually at 51/49 at 100%.

thanx m8!!! Smile with the alfa i mainly use this setup for the brakes 100 pressure with bias 57-43 and sometimes bias at 60-40 depends on the trake, but with the 60-40 i tend to lock up the braks that is why i use the 57-43 setup

Alos can i add that a bad setup will not help with braking too, if u can get the car setup then u will notice better braking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League 1 Complaints   League 1 Complaints Empty

Back to top Go down

League 1 Complaints
Page 1 of 1