Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

New internal League

Go down 
+5
Eric James
Munchk1n
prod
pops
reedyandreedy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

New internal League Empty
PostSubject: New internal League   New internal League EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Wot do you all think of running this as a full internal league with the WTCC 2007 cars as only a handful of us own STTC2 and WTCC 10??

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDD69B2299F178207

Using the same tracks and all are either stock content and 1 or 2 are mod tracks???

Also i think that this would bring in new Drivers/Racers

So please state if this is a good idea or a bad idea,

Your club so your say counts
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
pops

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:27 am

I would be happy to race anything from soap box to F1 just as long as its good clean racing and fun.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:18 am

This looks good, I like following real leagues too, just that little bit cooler Smile
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:12 pm

OK so, check out the navigation on the forum (the buttons for "Forum" "FAQ" etc). To the right theres a small box by log out. Click it.

This is a iframe to my home server where im hosting SLS.

Ill pimp it out soon but just so u know that we have capability to use SLS for our league. Ill update you guys on this in its own thread.
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:15 am

Count me in, I like the WTCC.
Back to top Go down
Eric James
Admin
Eric James

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:11 pm

I too like WTCC
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:45 pm

How closely are we gonna follow the WTCC championship?

WTCC events are quite big, 2 qualis, 2 short races. Short races are cool but in that type of event Quali becomes very important as you cannot get from the back of the grid to the front in 20 mins, unless your Vettel.

As we have 1.5 hours race time, do we need to trim it to our needs or has anyone got any ideas?

Would be nice to get this worked out so we can start planning the League.

IMO it would be nice to make our league similar to the real life league, feels kinda cooler Smile
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:58 pm

prod wrote:
How closely are we gonna follow the WTCC championship?

WTCC events are quite big, 2 qualis, 2 short races. Short races are cool but in that type of event Quali becomes very important as you cannot get from the back of the grid to the front in 20 mins, unless your Vettel.

As we have 1.5 hours race time, do we need to trim it to our needs or has anyone got any ideas?

Would be nice to get this worked out so we can start planning the League.

IMO it would be nice to make our league similar to the real life league, feels kinda cooler Smile

Ok i see what you are saying, but surely with the right amount of practice put in before the race then we can keep this as close racing as we can. So 2 20 min style races would go down a treat?

Plus we have the reverse grid for the 2nd race so that would mix things up..

The only 1 that i feel we would need to discuss is weight penalties and sanctoins?

Also do we have weight passed for the top 3 from the races, for example 20 kilo for 1st plce 15 kilo for 2nd plce and 10 kilo for 3rd place????
If we do do the weight for the top 3 from that race then the mager problem would be we would all have to practice with the extra weight through the week , as some of you are aware that that extra weight makes a huge diff.. So please think about this 1 with as much detail as you wolud with learning a track!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:09 am

I have no idea about penalties/weighting. Ive never seen it implemented or know how to do it :S

Ill leave this up to someone who has seen it in use before.
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:24 am

I think you can assign weights if you're the server. But I've never played much as host, my latency is bad here in Africa.
Back to top Go down
_oo_

_oo_

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:47 pm

For now I can put server's up from friday at 000 GMT till monday at 0400 gmt. The only reason I don't keep the server's up 24/7 is no one uses them from tuesday,wenesday,thursday.I can't see running my laptop for server's if no one is on them.

If we need to I can start to keep the server's up 24/7 I can.

What day are we looking to do this race................

Is thier going to be enough time to add weight before 2nd race............
The added weight we can do for 2nd race. 60,,,50,,,40,,,,

Or just add weight to the next weeks race.....................
I don't know if Race 07 reverses the field for the 2nd race..

THis year they are racing at Monza,Valencia,Marrakech,Budapest,
Salzburg,Estoril,TBC,Curitiba,Sonoma,Suzuka,Shanghai,Guia
Race 07 id missing a few but we can sub them.

Test server is up.......................
with 12 tracks.............

http://www.fiawtcc.com/calendar_events.asp

After each race:
1st: 25 points
2nd: 18 points
3rd: 15 points
4th: 12 points
5th: 10 points
6th: 8 points
7th: 6 points
8th: 4 points
9th: 2 points
10th: 1 point
All the results obtained during the season will count for
the final classifications.

If you'd like to see were I come up with all this here is the link:
http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/09596A6D53B8913DC1257988004F6BA1/$FILE/2012%20FIA%20WTCC%20Sporting%20Regulations%20V.%2017.01.pdf

Well this is what I come up with for now we can get into it more at a later date.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/C__YA
brendon

brendon

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Some of those tracks are too long for TCC, but that's just my opinion.
A wide spread field makes for very lonely racing.
The STCC tracks may be smaller but are very technical and challengng. BTCC ones, past and present ain't bad either.

Is part reason why I prefer slower cars - takes longer for everyone to disappear into the distance Shocked
Back to top Go down
pops

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:50 pm

brendon wrote:
The STCC tracks may be smaller but are very technical and challengng. BTCC ones, past and present ain't bad either.

Is part reason why I prefer slower cars - takes longer for everyone to disappear into the distance Shocked

you still get very lonely racing with smaller tracks and lapped which is never nice, that's why its always best to run a full grid 25, but that's not always possibly.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:54 pm

brendon wrote:

Yes i agree with what you are saying it does get lonely. but to be honest if you are racing a small track or a medium track, i think that you will still have the same problems...

The lower powered cars or STCC,WTCC i feel that are the best cars for an internal 1st season,

As we grow with both experience and we are a team that gets our name out on the track, that we can race as not only as a team but alos as clean racers, we will get to know how each other on the track drives and then we can produce some great close racing in the field... but that takes time and patience. For some of us in this team we have raced for a few months and we have come to get to know how we race and we have had some very close racing in the past...

So please just bare with us as we are trying to get this internal league right 1st time so we can again have some close racing as we have done, and i know that the 1st season for some will be hard but i repeat with practice and experience we all in TR will get to race close....
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Once we have decided on our league people will be able to focus their efforts. Setups will be developed over days and can be reused and this in turn will bring the pack a lot closer than it has been over these past few random events.

IMO no matter if your on a short/long track with slow/fast cars the best drivers will gradually disappear into the sunset. If we implement weighting then that will help a bit but I wouldnt spend too much time worrying about it. Let the best drivers be winners Smile

Anyone want to shorten the League down? Run the championship over just 6 weeks or so? Will make it easier if we find problems and not be stuck with them for quarter of a year? Food for thought. This may help also with new members joining.

Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:37 am

I think we all need to discuss in TS, through the forum will take too long, I'm available whenever, just PM me through Steam.
But I think on race day we have 30 min Practice, 15 min Quali (maybe superpole), then 2 X 20 min race, that's about 90 min.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:31 am

BUMP! FUCKING BUMP!

I agree with using TS to sort things out but on the other hand it really shouldnt take us this long to decide on the league. Its literally taking days for key members to reply/or not at all. The forum is here to let everyone give input, not just the people on TS especially when we are all in such different time zones.

So I'm bumping this thread and reminding people that they need to get more active on the forum!

Also can i please remind newer users that this is also your community, if you would like to add then please do.
These decisions will affect your racing for weeks to come!

Back to top Go down
pops

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:49 am

Well i hope you plan on using something from the GT POWER EXPANSION & GTR EVOLUTION cause i wouldn't of bother buying those if your just going to run WTCC, we could do a SCRC (same car racing championship) create a poll will a list of the GT or GTR cars and and do a season/league with the same car.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:09 am

As I said, the league shouldnt be that long. So it wont be that long till we can make a new league.

I didnt want to start this discussion yet and please dont reply regarding it but Ill also be throwing out the idea about a ~wednesday race.
So dont worry about the content you have purchased, I know ull be quite mad to hear wer also considering a GTR2 league and on that note please dont purchase more content Very Happy

Same car leagues are very likely to be used in the future of TR. Next season to be decided, please make sure you get your say in the relevant thread.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:12 am

ok this is the internal league details as thus far,

WTCC 07 cars with all the WTCC 07 Tracks which are as follows
Anderstorp
Brands Hatch
Brno, Czech
Curitiba
Istanbul
Macau
Magny-Cours
Monza

Please say which car you want to drive as you cannot change car once you have chosen it[/

We would like to get this League Started for Sunday 19th Feb so please replay to this post asap

Thanx Andy
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:51 am

Munchk1n wrote:
But I think on race day we have 30 min Practice, 15 min Quali (maybe superpole), then 2 X 20 min race, that's about 90 min.

Ok, Im happy with that. 1 thing though, id suggest leaving out practice or counting it into race time. Id say we make the practise for an hour or more then startin the server so that quali starts at 20:30 GMT.

So if we go with your times then Quali starts at 20:30 and will run on till 20:45. With 2x20min races we should have a finishing time of about 21:25. With an overall race time of 55 mins. Sounds quite good actually. Not sure about super pole though.

Let me know what u think.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:05 am

[quote="prod id suggest leaving out practice or counting it into race time. Id say we make the practise for an hour or more then startin the server so that quali starts at 20 GMT.[/quote]

Well i am actually agreeing with you on this 1.

IMO why do we need a practice session at all, remember that the server will be up all week and we can jump on their or even go offline to do our practice and setting the cars up... so then that way no-one has an excuse to turn round and say
"I HAVE HAD NO PRACTICE THIS WEEK FOR THE RACE!!!!!"

So if that is the case then 20 min quali starting no later than 20:30 with 5 mins warm up then 2x 20 min races???

again please say if you have any issues!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:28 am

reedyandreedy wrote:

Please say which car you want to drive as you cannot change car once you have chosen it[/

I'll take the Honda Accord #53
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:36 am

I want to throw this in the mix! 2 race events are heavily dependant on Quali, would people be willing for longer quali and how long?
The reason im saying this is 20 mins isnt a long time to work your way from the back to the front if u had a bad quali.

Please respond asap Smile
Back to top Go down
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:53 am

I don't mind super pole, but 20 min Quali is enough time, More than 20 min isn't going to make a difference IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New internal League   New internal League Empty

Back to top Go down

New internal League
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next