Twisted Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community of SimRacers.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSLS

Some ideas about our league

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HamP

HamP

Some ideas about our league Empty
PostSubject: Some ideas about our league   Some ideas about our league EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi guys!

First of all I would like to thank You very much for a great race - it was so fun to compete with You yesterday Smile Pitty I haven't tanked my fuel properly for the first race,hehehe. Oh, and sorry about ramming someone (sad to say I don't even remember who that was Embarassed ) - it wasn't intentionally, just my lack of experience in such situations during racing, so please accept my apology.

Anyway, yesterdays race was a good chance to think about some things considering TR, and I would like to explain some propositions on how to organise diffirent things in Twisted Racing. Treat it as loose thoughts, not like sugestions,etc, as my experience in such manners is not big, so I'm no expert.

The way I see it, we could really use of another racing day, and maybe even a strict training day. So, how about we keep a normal league with sunday's races (when You get points and climb the ladder), but also I propose adding like wensday as a fun racing day (league without any points, just pure fun, with diffirent cars, or maybe in diffirent game). Also I would like to propose setting up a one day per week as a training day, when we would be able to meet, test various things, share experiences, etc, and all would be like max 1 hour during on thursdays. Training would take place on the same tracks as those sunday's ones.

About those organising stuff I have mentioned... The way I see it, main league should be a closed league with TR members whom should sign in the roster before the league starts. Maybe it would also be nice to create some forum sections for each team.
Fun league should be just as name explains - fun one Smile With everyone willing to race and their friends, etc.

There is also one very important thing - real life. I think most of us won't be able to participate in every event, because sometimes there are real life issues which prevent from doing that. So, to stay competetive in main league I propose that each league should include 8 races, each every sunday like it is now. However, drivers would need to show on like 5 of races and points should be awarded from first five, finished races. If someone shows on every single race, maybe he/she should be awarded by additional points (like +5 or something at the end of the league), but mainly that person would be driving just for fun on those last 3 races.
To sum up this main league should include:
- main league should consist: 8 weeks with 1 race each sunday
- every members has to sign in before the league starts (maybe there could be some exceptions where admins could decide to include some additional drivers during the league, but mainly I think that strict roster is better for competition)
- from first 5 races drivers get points
- if someone attends all races, that person is awarded by additional points at the end of league (like +5 or something)

All righty, I guess that's it for now. Just my two cents Wink And I am opened for discussion on those matters Smile

PS.If my ideas sound stupid don't hesitate to point it to me, because my experience in racing games (and especially organising leagues) is very very small, so I may see things in a weird way.
Back to top Go down
http://mnfoto.com.pl
Marlowemaniac

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas about our league   Some ideas about our league EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:04 am

Fun non leage races on Europe Wednesday nights sound good. Maybe everyone who is free next Wednesday could propose a car and circuit combination and if oo is free we could have a chat over TS, make a decision, and he could put the dedicated server up.

Maybe we could have a pack of 7 download circuits and 7 mods and make sure everyone has them installed (or just use Race07 \ GTR-Evolution content).

Shame about GTR-2. I guess I could try again with it though.
Back to top Go down
reedyandreedy
Admin
reedyandreedy

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas about our league   Some ideas about our league EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:24 am

Thanx for gr8 suggestions, we @ Twisted Racing take on board wot members ask ur post, and we will be discussing this.

Your views count as this is your community
Back to top Go down
https://twistedracing.forummotion.com/
Munchk1n
Admin
Munchk1n

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas about our league   Some ideas about our league EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:16 am

Hi HamP

Apology accepted, It was me you rammed, was more of a nudge, but as we were in a corner, my car lost it Smile , but no harm done mate, so no stress, that's racing, and I know it wasn't on purpose, I had a terrible second race as the second time I got nudged, I rammed a barrier and got a puncture, so I had to pit in, but still limped home without being lapped.

I'm glad to see how well you've improved, so keep it up.

Great suggestions!
We are planning a Porsche League, so watch this space.
@Prod, we should try the latest version that Kiwi has shared so that it's easier for everyone to get it.

As for a training session, all you need to do is ask, and we'll gladly assist you, or join you in a session.

The reason we're using stock standard content is to attract more people to the league. But now that we had a nice crowd of great people, we can start looking at mods etc.

Grump Mentioned he'd also like to do more DTM, and I agree, I miss the DTM.

Pops also made a suggestion that I'm keen on, so we'll hopefully get around to everything.

As you know, megauploads was shutdown, so it's been harder to share mods etc, but there is always a way.
Back to top Go down
prod
Admin
prod

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas about our league   Some ideas about our league EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:24 am

@Hamp Your suggestions are good and I agree that Sundays League should be locked down. I am grateful for new members showing up and racing but its kinda screwing up the league.

Our numbers are improving on a weekly basis and maybe we could start planning more fun events and practice sessions. Motec sessions too etc.

Thanx for the suggestions guys and keep them coming.

Unfortunately I have soo little time to myself at the moment that I really dont have the time to concentrate on the community.

However this unfolds Ill be happy as wer starting to really shape up the community and our leagues.

@Munch Test away guys I trust you to make the right decisions while Im unavailable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some ideas about our league   Some ideas about our league Empty

Back to top Go down

Some ideas about our league
Page 1 of 1